No matter where each student falls on the spectrum of achievement, we must meet and challenge that student. I support continuous improvement.
Our new goals commit us to
“increase each student’s academic trajectory as demonstrated through multiple measures”; and to
“provide individualized supports, programs, services, and curricula to ensure that each student will demonstrate significant academic and social-emotional growth during their experience at ETHS”
We have worked together to set the goals. We must now evaluate our progress towards them and make adjustments as necessary to achieve our objectives. We are fortunate to have qualified and committed staff to help us get there. I look forward to continuing my work with the community to move us forward.
See more about the issues here
We can be proud of so much at
Evanston Township High School (ETHS):
- Ranked in the top 2% of high schools in the country by US News and World Report
- Ranked in the top 15 in Illinois by the Washington Post
- 26 AP courses (with another to be added next fall) taken by 25.8% of our students (up from 21.2% in 2009 and only 7% in 1984)
- A fine arts program that continues to offer a wide array of music (Grammy Award winning), theater, and visual arts opportunities
- Over half our students are involved in over 100 student activities and clubs aside from sports
- Over 100 teams compete in 32 sports
- Our STEM partnership with Northwestern University and our Project Lead the Way program provide new opportunities for students in science, technology, engineering and math
- Certification programs for early childhood development, Microsoft, public safety, pharmacy and automotive technology offer hands on experience to our students